Enquiry / Online Booking08:30 am - 06:00 pm North Goa
- Operational Month : June - October
- Price based on per person basis
- AC Transport in Shared Vehicle
- All Entry fees included in the cost.
- Child 3-5 years no charge and so separate seat on coach and above full rate
from -14% OFF
Arvalem Waterfall and Caves GalleryPrev 1 of 17 Next
Goa being one of the smallest states of India is very well known all over the world for its evergreen and laid back atmosphere. The most unique part of Goa is its flora and fauna. There are several numbers of beaches in Goa which attracts a large number of tourists. Along with this, Goa is also famous for countless waterfalls. One of the most famous waterfall after Dudhsagaar falls in South Goa is Arvalem waterfall which is located in Bicholim taluka in North Goa district. Arvalem waterfall is also called as Haravalem or Harvale by local people. While traveling to Arvalem waterfall one could also visit Arvalem Caves which is also known as Pandava Caves. Arvalem waterfall is just 9 km away from these Caves.
The area is blessed with natural beauty along both the side of the road as it is covered with dense forest and its beauty is amazed by the people visiting this waterfall.
Arvalem is one of the best places for a picnic with your family as its natural and eco-friendly atmosphere refreshes body and mind and the outstanding waterfall gives an amazing experience on visiting it. Alongside the waterfall, one can also visit one of the famous temples in Goa named Rudreshwar or Shiva temple. This temple is very famous for performing Hindu rituals like releasing the soul of their beloved ones on the 12th day of their death. From here you get an amazing view of the waterfall. It's shedding silver water flow is breathtaking and its pleasure to watch it.
Best time to visit waterfall and caves
The best time to visit Arvalem waterfall is just during the monsoon as it is covered with greenery on all the four sides which provides an eco-friendly atmosphere to one visiting this place.
After visiting Arvalem waterfall one can visit ancient caves or Pandava caves which is just 9 KM away from Arvalem waterfall. There are different opinions regarding the Arvalem Caves. Some stated these ancient caves are ancient rock caves or monuments that traces back to 6th and 7th century B.C. Arvalem caves are called as Pandava caves because, during the time of exile, five Pandava's in Mahabharata epic has taken the refuge in this heavily dense forest. While some have an opinion that these ancient caves belong to Buddhist monks which they had carved during their travel in this forest. The timing to visit these caves is from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm in the morning and from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm in the evening.
How to reach Arvalem Waterfall
In order to reach the Arvalem waterfall and Pandava caves, one can hire a bike or cab. However, buses do not travel this place but they are available only till nearby town of Bicholim. Watching the noisy waterfall cascading from 50mtrs above with Rudreshwar temple in the vicinity, is a treat to the eyes. Entry is free of cost. The government of Goa has developed a park, from which you can enjoy the view.
Reaching Arvalem falls is not great as the Dudhsagar falls, but Arvalem waterfalls is special in its own way. Reaching the Pandava caves and Arvalem waterfall is easy. From the caves, it is just 10 minutes’ drive.
At a distance of around 20 km, Thivim railway station is the nearest to the caves.
Arvalem from Panjim: If you take the shortest route from Panjim, you will reach your destination in an hour. Located at a distance of 32 km, you can go by bus or any other means of transport.
From Airport: Located at a distance of 43 km, the way from Goa Dabolim Airport to the waterfalls is exotic.
From Calangute: Whichever route you take from Calangute to reach Arvalem waterfalls, it is not more than 38 km. You can rent a self-driven car or a taxi, you can also opt for a bus as there are a lot of options available.
The timing of the visit: Morning 9:00 am to Evening at 7:30 pm.
Best Time to Visit Falls: During Monsoon (May to December)
Aravalem Sightseeing Locations:
Monsoon Nature Trip Booking Information:
- A/C Transfers in a Shared Vehicle
- Ancient Pandava Caves
- Harvalem Waterfalls with Shiva Temple
- Ancient Mahadev Temple at Tambdi Surla
- Spice Plantation with Buffet Lunch (Veg/Non-Veg)
- Bondla Animal Zoo (Closed on every Mondays)
- Old Goa Churches
- All Entry Fees
Optional (Pay on the Spot if operating at Spice Plantations) :
- Elephant Ride or Elephant Shower
- Pick up & Drop will be provided from North Goa hotels booked only in Calangute, Baga, Arpora, Nagoa, Candolim, Sinquerim, Nerul, Vagator, and Anjuna Area. For areas like Siolim, Arambol, Ashwem, Morjim, Mandrem, Panjim, Mapusa, Porvorim, etc we have designated pick and drop locations for Shared vehicles only.
- We do not provide our services to South Goa area.
- We also book Private Vehicle Trips for any North Goa Hotels. Please enquire with us regarding the cost.
- Kindly carry your own light snacks for breakfast or have it at your resort.
- Wear Light Cotton Clothes, Sandals with good grip and carry umbrella or Rainwear along.
- Bondla Zoo is opened for public only from Tuesday - Sunday as Closed on Monday. Optional places shown will be Ganesh Temple at Farmagudi and Shree Datta Mandir at Sanquelim.