Enquiry / Online Booking06:00 am - 05:30 pm South Goa
- Operational Season: October - May
- Rates : Per adult in Shared Vehicle
- Child rates : 3 - 5 yrs Rs. 1000 per child (no separate seat on coach)
- Child rates : 6 - 9 yrs is Full Price
- Jeep Safari + Spice Plantation Tour with Lunch + Old Goa Churches (Complementary)
from -17% OFF
Dushsagar Waterfall is a good option to getaway from the beaches and go off the beaten path. This waterfall originates in Karnataka and it is the highest water fall found in Goa. It is located in the Bhagwan Mahaweer Wildlife Sanctuary and Mollem National Park, in Sanguem Taluka. The River Mandovi begins on the Deccan Plateau in Karnataka and winds its way through the Wester Ghats cascading from the highest peaks on the Goa-Karnataka border. The waters form a deep pool at the base before continuing west and joining the Arabian Sea.
The water flows from a height of 310 metres (1017 feet) and splashes into a wide gorge making it milky all along thus earning the name “Dudhsagar” (sea of milk). This spot has become a favourite destination for both domestic and foreign tourists. The falls is easily accessible both from Mollem and Collem by road which passes through pristine forest areas.
The Dudhsagar Trip will take the entire day. One gets to see a different side of Tourism in Goa. You can swim at the foot of the waterfall and enjoy watching monkeys roaming around freely.
The best time to visit Dudhsagar is just after the monsoon season ends in October when the waterfall is at its peak.
Monsoon Trek to Dudhsagar Falls
During Monsoon in Goa, Dudhdsgar Safari remain closed till October Month. Trekking is only way to see dudhsagar in Monsoon. Call us to know or Book this trip.
Forest Jeep Safari
- The jeep safari which will begin at Mollem where you will be driven through verdant forest areas with meandering streams along the way. In spite of the bumps along the way it is a picturesque journey towards the four-tiered Dudhsagar waterfall.
- You will be driven through Mollem National Park. The drive will take forty-five minutes to an hour, approximately.
- The Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary (Mollem National Park)
The Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary is taken care of by the Forest Department, and it is host to a wide range of wild life. A variety of birds and animals can be spotted here if you’re lucky. The birds seen here are Drongo, emerald dove, fairy bluebird, gorlden oriole, greater Indian Hornbill, Malabar Pied hornbill, grey-headed myna, large green barbet, paradise flycatcher, racket-tailed drongo, ruby throated yellow bulbul which is the Goa state bird, shrikes, three toed kingfishers, Sri Lanka frog mouth, wagtails. This is an ornithologist’s haven.
The animals recorded in the sanctuary are Black panther, Barking deer, Bengal tiger, leopards, bonnet macaque, common langur, civet (wild cat), flying squirrel, gaur, Malabar giant squirrel, mouse deer, pangolin, porcupine, slender loris, sambar, spotted deer, wild boar, and wild dog. Apart from the animals and birds one can also see plenty of butterflies like the Blue mormon, common Jezebel, common mime, plum Judy, common wanderer, lime butterfly, plain tiger, Southern Birdwing, and tailed jay. More Details: Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary
In the same area there is a place known as Devil’s Canyon which is an eerie canyon of water carved downstream of Dudhsagar waterfalls. It is known for its underwater currents making it unsafe to swim in even for a strong swimmer. Sunset point can be reached by vehicle which can be hired at the sanctuary. A zigzag path will lead you to the point of destination.
- You will be taken to a Spice plantation in Keri, Ponda where you will be given a welcome drink of herbal tea followed by a guided tour of the plantation where you will get to see betel nut trees, a variety of fruit trees, cloves, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and other related spices in their natural environment. This tour is followed by an authentic Goan meal served on a banana leaf.
- You can go meet the elephants and have an “elephant shower” if you wish. These fees are not included in the tour charges.
- Kindly note that if you choose to go on an elephant ride or experience an elephant shower you will have to pay on the spot.
Old Goa Churches (Complementary): After the guided tour and sumptuous authentic Goan food buffet you will be taken on a tour to the Old Goa Churches which is now a UNESCO Heritage site.
Basilica of Bom Jesu: The construction of this church was started in 1594 and was completed in 1605. The Basilica of Bom Jesus holds the mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier, the patron saint of Goa.
Sé Cathedral: Sé Cathedral de Saint Catherina or Sé Cathedral as it is known, is the cathedral of the Latin Rite Roman Archdiocese of Goa and Daman and the seat of the Patriarch of the East Indies.
Other Waterfalls Nearby
Apart from the Dudhsagar waterfalls there is also the lesser known waterfalls at Tambdi Surla. This waterfalls is tough to access due to its perilous access by a steep, winding, rocky path. One would need a tour guide to get to the Tambdi Surla Waterfalls safely.
The Cost for the day and what it includes
- Dudhsagar package rate per adult on sharing basis is Rs. 1799/-
- A child between the ages of 3-5 will be charged Rs. 1000/- (no separate seat on coach) and from 6 - 9 yrs 1400/-
- The vehicle type is a shared vehicle with other tourists. You will be picked up and dropped off to your hotel.
Included in the package are Return A/C transport, Jeep Safari, Guided tour at the spice plantation, An authentic Goan lunch at the spice plantation, A complementary tour of the old Goa churches, and all entry fees. Life jackets will be provided if you want to swim under the waterfall.
- This charge excludes breakfast, towels, swimwear, Beverages and camera fees.
- This tour is operational from mid October to May. All pick ups and drop offs will happen from hotels booked only in Calangute, Baga, Arpora, Nagoa, Candolim, Sinquerim, and Nerul areas. This trip is also available with Private Vehicle. Kindly check the cost with us,
You can enquire Dudhsagar trip with us without any hassles anytime and we will be happy to help you out.
What to wear: Wear comfortable athletic clothes and hiking boots/ sneakers, carry your swimsuit, sunblock, and a change of clothes. Please do not wear flipflops. Take your towel, hat and sunglasses along.
Conclusion / Review:
This trip is definitely a good opportunity to a very different façade of Goa. It’s also an educational trip where you can learn a lot about our flora and fauna while spending the day splashing around in the cool waters of Dudhsagar and soaking up the sun for the rest of the day.
Safety Tips: Please do not feed the monkeys, they can get aggressive after all they are wild and will attack.
Please be careful while wading in the water especially if you are not a strong swimmer or you do not know how to swim. Check with your guide for the safest areas to swim/ bathe.
A humble request: Please dispose of your litter responsibly. Carry a small plastic bag and dispose it at the nearest bin.
Dudhsagar Trip Booking Information:
- Return A/C Transport on Sharing Basis
- Jeep Safari through Mollem National Park
- Life Jackets for swimming at base of waterfall
- Guided Tour at Spice Plantation with Goan Style Buffet Lunch (Veg/Non-Veg)
- Old Goa Churches (Complementary)
- All Entry Fees
- Swimming costumes
- Mineral Water and Beverages
- Professional Camera fees
- Elephant ride / Elephant shower at spice plantation
- Pick up & Drop will be provided from hotels booked only in Calangute, Baga, Arpora, Nagoa, Candolim, Sinquerim and Nerul Area.
- We do not provide our services to South Goa area. The nearest pick and drop point will be New KTC Bus Stand, Ponda City, Central Goa
- If the vehicle unable reach to your hotel due to narrow road, you will be picked up from the nearest location.
- For Tour in Private Vehicle please check the rate with us.
- A child between the ages of 3-5 will be charged Rs. 1000/- (no separate seat on coach) and from 6 - 9 yrs 1400/-
- Scheduled pick up time may change based on the crowd at Waterfall. It will be intimated the day before the trip.
- Jeep Safari from National Park to Dudhsagar Waterfall and back will be strictly on sharing basis with max 7 members in one vehicle either you choose private or sharing vehicle from us.
- You will be given 1 hour to spend at the Waterfall.
- Changing Room facilities available separately for Gents and Ladies near Waterfall.
- Kindly take care of your own belongings and valuables.
- If there are any parking issues near Old Goa Church vicinity, then Old Goa trip may be cancelled without prior notice.
- Please avoid wearing shorts and sleeveless clothes if you choose to enter places of worship.
- Do not feed monkeys on the way while walking towards the waterfall as they may pose threat.
A/C Transport Entry Fees Guided Tour Jeep Safari Life Jackets Old Goa Churches
Dudhsagar Falls - Question / Answer (FAQs)
Yes, preferably. It is always better to do an advance booking to ensure that you get to go on this trip
You will be picked up from your hotel either by a shared vehicle or a private car (depends what is booked) provided by us where you will be taken to Mollem. You will then get into a Jeep at Mollem to begin your safari to Dudhsagar Waterfalls.
You will spend approximately an hour at the falls.
If you are not familiar with the territory then it is advisable to go on a guided tour.
Only about 200 meters approx.
Very safe. You will have to walk down gradual slopes. Nothing dangerous.
Of course! You would want to capture the beauty of this serene place.
Preferably comfortable light clothes (dri-fit/ climacool), shoes that are good for hiking or have a good grip which means flip-flops are out of the question. Don’t forget your swimwear if you intend to enter the water.
A change of clothes, sunblock, a towel, insect repellent, band aids, and water. If you suffer from motion sickness then preferably carry your tablets along or wear your travel band.
It is relatively safe in a marked area as long as you do not venture into the centre of the falls.
It would be highly advisable not to enter the water but if you really want to then please do not go too deep.
There is a good chance that you will see a few monkeys. Please refrain from feeding them. They are wild and might attack you for food.
Yes, he can. Our team is fluent in English so you have nothing to worry about.
The price covers your hotel pick and drop, all entry fees, jeep safari, your lunch and guided tour at the spice plantation, and old goa churches. It is inclusive of taxes. Please note that this charge does not cover the camera payment at Mollem, and the elephant rides at the spice plantation.
The entire safari will take up the whole day starting from your pick up at 6.00 a.m. and your drop off to your hotel by 5:30 p.m.
If it is close to the date of your safari then we will deduct a small amount as booking charges.
If that is the case, then we will give you a full refund within 7-10 working days.
You can book the trip directly from our website.
You can make the payments using your credit/ debit cards via our website. Check Our Payment Options
Extremely safe. Your safety is our utmost priority.
Yes, you can. This will be a pleasant day for them.
The paths are a little narrow for a stroller.
As long as the person is fine with walking a little distance then it will be no problem at all.
Anyone can make the trip as long as they are fit. One requires a lot of energy for this Tour Package